Welcome to QMC - Quinebaug Middle College!
Dear QMC and community,
I am excited to work as the Interim Principal given the responsibility to ensure the well-being of our students, staff and school community.
My goals and objectives are quite concise:
- ensure that our students and staff work in a safe and orderly environment where they can be productive
- utilize a laser-like focus in studying student and school data to determine where our students are academically, socially and emotionally
- design an action plan with targets and timelines to address our needs
- deliver a first-class education that accounts our students learning something new each day
- work with staff to ensure that our students are actively engaged in learning, that they have fun learning, however, (virtual or in-person)
- reinforce the core values of kindness, respect and inspiration that results in a positive school culture where both students and staff want to return each day and repeat the aforementioned (attendance matters)
While we confront some challenging times during the pandemic, I am encouraged by the work that has been done and the spirit exemplified by the staff and students. The core values of kindness, respect, and inspiration will continue to be the driving force to make a significant difference in the lives of our students. We will utilize our best skills and abilities while maximizing our resources to actualize the vision of QMC that personalizes the education for all our students.
I look forward to working with our students, teachers, staff, parents and community/civic stakeholders to fulfill the mission of QMC. I am inspired and confident in our ability to move forward.
Sheldon W. Neal
Quinebaug Middle College