Events Calendar

March 2017
26 27 28 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Adult Programs FAQs


Q. How do I get started?

A. Call 860-423-2591 in the Willimantic area and 860-779-3770 in the Danielson area for registration information. Or, complete this online form.


Q. How much does it cost to attend EASTCONN Adult Education classes?

A. There is no charge for EASTCONN's mandated classes (high school completion, including GED, English-as-a-Second-Language and citizenship and basic skills, reading and math). Community Education classes are priced as marked in the catalog.


Q. I have a friend who speaks no English at all. Is there a class for him/her? Is it taught in English or in the native language? 

A. Yes, we have a class for the beginning-level student. Our teachers are professionals and will individualize instruction. All classes are taught in English, but we do offer classes in Spanish in order to help students prepare for the Spanish GED.


Q. Do I have to take classes to get my GED?

A. We recommend that you attend a registration session. You will meet with our guidance counselor who will help you determine whether or not you would benefit from classes.


Q. How long will it take me to finish?

A. Because all of our students come in with a different educational history, it is not possible to give a one size fits all answer to this question. Once you have met with the guidance counselor, you will have a plan and an estimate of how long it will take you to complete the program.


Q. Do you have classes near me?

A. Click here to see class locations. We offer day and evening classes in multiple towns and locations.


Q. When are classes held?

A. Classes are held both day and evening, beginning in September. Most programs have open enrollment throughout the school year.


Q. Can I get my GED online?

A. At this time, you cannot get your GED online. Please beware of any program that promises you your GED through an online class. Click on this link to see more information about GED fraud.


Q. Is the GED the only way to get my high school diploma?

A. No. There are three options to getting your high school diploma:

  • GED (General Educational Development) offered in English and Spanish
  • CDP (Credit Diploma Program)
  • NEDP (National External Diploma Program)


Q. I want to go on to college. Will colleges accept the Adult Diploma?

A. In general, colleges will accept any of the three diplomas. However, there may be other requirements for admittance. The best answer is that you should check directly with the college.


Q. I want to join the military. Will the military accept the Adult Diploma?

A. Before deciding on which diploma option you will choose, always check with the recruiter of the branch of the military you are considering. The requirements vary from time to time.

Q. I need a job and my diploma. Can you help me?

A. We have classes and workshops for students who need both their diploma and a job.

In addition, many of our classes include employability components including technology skills, resumes, job applications, interviewing techniques and dressing for success.


Q. Do you offer transporation?
A. Adult Education does not offer transportation. However, depending on the program you are attending and the town you live in, we may be able to help you find some resources.


Q. How do I get a copy of my diploma?

A. For GED transcripts:

For Credit Diploma or National External Diploma Transcripts: Call 860-423-2591 or 860-779-3770







Q. Are there any residency requirements to take your classes?

A. No. Anyone can take our community education classes.


Q. How do I sign up for your classes?

A. You can sign up and pay for classes by going online to You can also mail your registration form with payment and you can also register in person at our office in Willimantic or Danielson.


Q. I'd be interested in teaching a class for the Community Education Program. What are the requirements to do that, and who should I contact?

A. We are always open to new ideas and would love to hear from you. Please call the Community Education Office at 860-455-1601.


Q. Where do I get the registration form in order to sign up for a course?

A. You may print it off the Web site,, or you may stop by our Danielson or Willimantic location and fill one out/pick one up.


Q. What form of payment do you accept?

A. We accept cash, check or VISA/MasterCard.


Q. How do we get notified if a class has been cancelled due to inclement weather?

A. Cancellations will be posted on the EASTCONN Web site,, if a class is cancelled at one of our sites. If the course is held within a school and the school is closed, then the class is cancelled. If time permits, participants are e-mailed and called, based on the information provided at the time of registration.



Contact Us