EASTCONN TRANSPORTATION DRIVER
The purpose of this position is to operate various school vans and buses for the purpose of transporting pupils to and from school, as well as related activities, and to perform other related work, as required. Training will be provided for qualified candidates.
1. Must have a valid CT Driver’s license, have been licensed for at least 3 years and be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
2. Must be able to pass an in-depth background check including criminal background, driving history background, sex offender and DCF background check (no open cases).
3. Meet or exceed the State and/or Federal physical examination.
4. Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as random drug and alcohol testing.
5. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving and criminal background that reflect a professional driver and which meets all contractual, local, State and Federal requirements.
6. Physically able to access the children through the front, side and/or rear entrance of the vehicle being driven to perform an emergency evacuation. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and operate any equipment (wheel chairs, harnesses, car seats).
7. Must possess comprehensive knowledge of driving safety and courtesy.
8. Must be interested in and have empathy for children.
9. Must attend in-service training classes and safety meetings as required.
10. Must possess working knowledge of, or be able to be trained how to care for challenged students with diverse and special transportation needs.
11. Accurately complete all assigned forms and reports.
12. Carry out written and oral instructions.
13. Must be reliable and able to adhere to a schedule.